8 ways to improve the efficiency of your payroll [Free Guide]
Download your free 14-page IRIS guide to 8 ways to improve the efficiency of your payroll.
One of the first things that you need to ask yourself when it comes to reviewing any process, let alone your payroll, is “are the current processes working in the best way to suit my business’ needs?”.
When you establish an answer to this question, this can be broken down further. Even if the answer to this question is “yes”, there are further queries that can be raised in order to find out definitively if you could be saving yourself; and your business; time and money.
Looking more intricately at payroll, it is important to look at:
- How long ago your payroll software was implemented and whether you have simply become stuck in this particular way of doing things; even if this isn’t the best way to do them.
- Have the needs of your business changed? The software and processes that are being used may work perfectly fine for a certain business methodology, but businesses are a living, breathing entity that change and mould to the world, just as we do as people.
- Legislation also plays a large factor. With more legislation set to come just before the general election, now is a great time to take a look into how updating your payroll software can benefit you when it comes to auto enrolment and RTI.
The IRIS free guide of 8 ways to improve your payroll efficiency takes a look in greater detail at these specifics and outlines different ways in which you can improve.
Examples of the points made in the guide are:
1) Importing data into your payroll
Importing employee information such as name, address, salary etc. can be a big help if you have a fluctuating workforce. If you already have employee spreadsheets you may then be able to directly import this information into your payroll software.
2) Manage auto enrolment efficiently
The IRIS AE Suite™ for example, automatically assesses employee eligibility for enrolment into a workplace pension scheme at the same time as running a payroll. It then generates the legally required pension communications and finally distributes payslips and P60s electronically to employees.
3) Get regular training
One thing that is often overlooked is that to run payroll as efficiently as possible, you have to be as up to date as you can be with the latest training. IRIS offer a wide range of training and consultancy services to ensure you are getting maximum efficiency from your payroll and are still using it in the best way for your needs.
Want to find out the rest of the 8 ways to improve your payroll efficiency?