Get The Uniform Ready Before School Starts Again
We know that the school holidays have really only just begun, but they will be over before you know it. Soon the kids will be waking up early and heading off to school once more. Whether they are starting a brand new school or moving up a year, it is likely that they will need a new uniform. It’s amazing how quickly children can grow over the summer.
If your child is starting a brand new school you will need the school’s uniform list. When it comes to blazers, jumpers or PE kit, the school logo may need to be featured. It will be clearly stated by the school if this is the case and where you can find it. A lot of schools allow you to buy the uniform through them, but there are always companies like Uniform Direct. As for shirts and trousers, you can easily buy these from high street stores if you want a cheaper price or great deals.
Here is a complete list of what your child will most likely need for the school year (buy enough to last a full week):
- Cardigans, sweatshirts or sweaters
- Polo shirts or shirts
- Trousers or skirts (shorts for the warmer months)
- A tie if the school requires one
- PE Kit including shorts, t shirt, socks and plimsolls if needed
- School Shoes
- A book bag (if needed) or a school bag
- A school coat (some schools require them to be a specific colour so always check)
If you are worried about your child having a growth spurt, you can buy the next size up in shirts and trousers. Of course, there is always the option to buy more when it is needed, but you may need to do it online.
We have a few little extra tips to help you out:
- Always make sure you label everything clearly. Children are bound to lose things such as jumpers and PE kits, but with a name tag it will be much easier to find in the Lost Property box. You can even do the same for lunch boxes and bottles (those always get lost).
- Make sure your child has 2 coats, one for the warmer months and one for the summer months.
- When it comes to socks, always try to go for darker colours. We know how often children like to take their shoes off and they’ll be dirty before you know it!
We hope that all the children have a great start to the new school year when September rolls around!