10 Reasons Why IRIS World 2016 is Unmissable
This year's IRIS World is just a matter of weeks away...
For the uninitiated, IRIS World is the UK’s largest customer event dedicated to partners and accountants in practice.
Free to attend, it’s built around helping you understand how changing legislation, industry best practice and technological innovations will impact your business in light of Brexit and ‘Making Tax Digital’.
This year, we’re holding three full-day events in London, Birmingham and Glasgow, and to give you a better idea of what to expect, we’ve summarised the key areas of focus, highlighting why IRIS World is the unmissable accountancy experience of 2016:
- Expert advice and insight on new and upcoming legislation and industry developments from thought leaders, professional bodies (e.g. HMRC), accountancy experts and software & service providers.
- All the hottest topics covered, including a through-the-keyhole look at what new UK GAAP means for your practice from an FRS guru, plus the latest on Auto-Enrolment.
- The effect of Brexit on your business, the industry as a whole and the UK economy. In a time of political flux, a fear of the unknown has gripped much of the country; at IRIS World you'll learn how to not only understand the potential impact of Brexit, but to capitalise on it.
- What HMRC’s ‘Making Tax Digital’ initiative will mean for your practice and your clients. We’ll have an exclusive appearance by an HMRC heavyweight, who’ll answer all those burning MTD questions and give you an in-depth look at their roadmap to 2020 and beyond.
- Making practice excellence a reality. Talk of achieving practice excellence at a firm is all well and good, but what steps are required to get you there? We’ll walk you through their implementation.
- Cutting edge technological advancements. In a time of continual advancements in cloud technology and software innovation, those not staying on the crest of the digital wave risk being wiped out. Learn how IRIS and our partners are always investing in, and adopting, the latest tech.
- Practical workshops and discussion. This year, we’re once again giving delegates a selection of workshops to attend, during which you’ll get a closer, drilled-down look into all areas covered by the main talks, plus more practice-specific topics such as adding business advisory services, anti-money laundering procedures and the benefits of going paperless. Just pick your preferred three sessions from the nine on offer.
- Special guests from accounting and beyond. With 15 speakers, 3 keynote sessions and 9 separate workshops, there’s a lot to consume at IRIS World, but the main events come courtesy of special guest VIPs. We’re holding back on naming names for now, but stay tuned for a huge announcement.
- Connect and network in a unique environment. Networking at IRIS World is unlike that of other conferences. IRIS brings together an unprecedented combination of industry behemoths, legislative powerhouses, technology and software innovators, partners and business-owners to form a learning and sharing environment like no other.
- Making the most of your IRIS investment. IRIS World would be nothing without IRIS software, and whether you’re already a customer or talking to us about how our leading products and services can support your practice, we want to ensure that everybody knows how to get the maximum potential out of IRIS. Aside from a number of IRIS-centric workshops, we’ll have dozens of specialists on hand throughout the day to answer any questions you may have and give you a hands-on look at what IRIS is capable of.
Hopefully you’re now feeling inspired. And that’s just the tip of the IRIS World-shaped iceberg. We’ll have much more to tell you over the coming weeks, but for now your next step is to book your place – though you’ll have to be quick about it, as space is limited!
Tickets are completely free of charge, and we’ll be providing refreshments throughout the day to keep you fuelled.