With GDPR on the horizon and Making Tax Digital (MTD) pilots under way, it’s about time your practice prepares for digital.
Who is the course for?
As announced in July, HMRC’s MTD programme has experienced a major change of taxation focus. Our course provides you with all the information you need to keep up to date with these changes and identify the clients who will join the first phase of MTD in April 2019.
The course includes two training videos that will ensure your practice is prepared for digital. Part 1: MTD – The story so far:
- The background to MTD and HMRC’s digital journey
- A look at the change of focus for the first phase of MTD implementation income tax to VAT from April 2019 for VAT registered businesses above the VAT threshold
- The introduction of systems for both ‘mandatory’ and ‘voluntary’ reporting for VAT under MTD
- The delayed implementation for other taxes from the earliest as 2020 onwards
- A look at the new digital landscape and how it should operate from 2019 onwards
- What MTD will mean for clients and agents
- The benefits of going digital for your clients and your practice
Part 2: Summer Finance Bill Update:
- The Government announced in Hansard, that the House of Commons on Wednesday 6 September will be asked to approve the Ways and Means Resolutions relating to the Finance Bill (No 2) 2017 provisions.
- The Government has also published Notes of the Finance Bill resolutions which set out the provisions that are going to be included in the Finance Bill which included the MTD provisions
- We will provide a full update on the amended MTD clauses together with any other related MTD announcements
What will you learn?
- The new HMRC VAT focus for MTD and revised timetable
- An overview of the quarterly/end of year reporting requirements for other taxes
- What agents should be doing now to prepare for digital reporting
- Actions needed to adapt to MTD and develop your digitally included clients