Elated IRIS customers celebrate victory at first ever awards night
Leading figures from the accountancy industry have toasted the success of the IRIS Customer Awards at a glittering ceremony in London.
The awards were launched as the UK’s leading accountancy software provider enters its 40th year. They celebrated best practice across several areas as accountancy firms evolve beyond compliance services to capitalise on new service opportunities in the digital economy.
Sion Lewis, CEO of IRIS Accountancy Solutions, pictured above right with Marketing Firm of The Year Dunkleys, also presented a Special Recognition Award to M J Kane & Co Accountants in honour of the outstanding achievements. These stemmed from practice development to the firm’s work providing training for Bombardier employees.
M J Kane & Co was also congratulated on its extensive graduate programme and ‘Information Nights’, which give free information to local businesses in a variety of areas such as pensions, payroll and VAT.
Sion Lewis, pictured above right with double award winners Your Tax Shop, says: “The quality of the entries demonstrated some pioneering approaches practices are taking to improve client excellence, add depth and volume to practice advisory and create innovative marketing campaigns. Technology is underpinning much of the outstanding service provision, evidenced by their effectiveness and productivity. All our winners have shown that they are among the best in the accountancy industry.”
Michael J Kane FCCA, from MJ Kane and Co, flew in from Antrim, Northern Ireland, for the ceremony and received a shock when the previously unannounced trophy of CEO Special Recognition was revealed. He says: “We had been nominated for one award, but didn’t know anything about this. We’re almost speechless, unbelievably happy. To be recognised for something you enjoy doing is such a bonus. I will probably fly home to Belfast without a plane I feel so happy.”
Alastair Barlow FCCA, founding partner of flinder in London, pictured below with his team, says: “I’m so happy we won best use of tech, it means so much to us. We started this firm 20 months ago, really focusing on technology, real time data and building our data engineering competence, so this is the one we wanted to win. I’m absolutely delighted for the team.”
Simon Cowie, MD of Aberdeen-based Infinity Partnership, celebrated four award victories for his team, including Graduate/Trainee of the Year, Accountant of the Year, Bureau/Outsource Service of the Year and IRIS Firm of the Year Medium.
He says: “It’s been an amazing night and what an accolade for the team. We’ve diversified significantly since the down turn hit Aberdeen three years ago and doing this has led to our continuing growth. Team work is key. We adopted IRIS 18 months ago and it has allowed us to do the growth, that’s for sure.”
The full list of IRIS Customer Awards Winners:
• IRIS Small Firm of the Year – Your Tax Shop Ltd
• IRIS Medium Firm of the Year – Infinity Partnership
• IRIS Large Firm of the Year – MHA Monahans
• Bureau/Outsource Service of the Year – Infinity Partnership
• Client Excellence Firm of the Year – Your Tax Shop Ltd
• Marketing Innovation Firm of the Year – Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants
• Fastest Growing Firm of the Year – Bailey Group Chartered Accountants
• Accountant of the Year – Greg Houston, Infinity Partnership
• Partner of the Year – Ian Phillips, Duncan & Toplis
• Practice Manager of the Year – Sue Jackson, Harrison Beale & Owen
• Advisory Firm of the Year – Wilson Partners Limited
• Best Use of Technology Firm of the Year – flinder
• Graduate/Trainee of the Year – Gail McShane, Infinity Partnership
• IRIS CEO Special Recognition Award – M J Kane & Co Accountants