Keep calm and teach on - School life during a pandemic
On 18th March 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic resulted in the first countrywide shutdown in modern British history, closing classrooms for up to eight million pupils across the UK.
Now, with schools reopening their doors for a phased return, we turn our attention to the real impact of closures:
- How did schools fare during closures?
- What are the practicalities around social distancing on school grounds?
- How has parent engagement changed during closures?
- What long-lasting effects have closures had on school communities?
- How, if at all, has the sector benefitted from lockdown?
With insight from schools and families across the country, we investigate what school life looks like during a national pandemic.