IRIS Absence Call
Automate first-point-of-contact calls in case of unexpected absences.
- Enable better engagement and more effective intervention
- Automate first point of contact via phone, text, or email
- Free up busy teams from time consuming phone calls
IRIS Absence Call: a simple call to enable early interventions and better parent engagement.
Integrating with your MIS, this system automates first-point-of-contact via phone, text, or email in case of unexpected absences, enabling early interventions and better parent engagement.
IRIS Absence Call is an efficient and cost-effective tool to reduce unauthorised absences and improve punctuality. The automated system frees up busy teams from time-consuming phone calls, ensuring parents are alerted quickly to their child’s unauthorised absence. The system continues to contact parents until a response is received, freeing up staff time and providing parents with a quick and convenient method of responding.
Get your free demo
- Automated first-point-of-contact Truancy Call contacts parents via your choice of an automated phone call, text message or email, on behalf of your school.
- Socially-inclusive Parents are empowered to communicate with your school for free, at a time and via a method which suits them, strengthening partnerships with hard-to-reach families.
- Take control Improve accuracy and action early interventions with data drawn automatically from school MIS.
- Flexible reporting Utilise innovative reporting to filter data and identify parents who do not require communications.
What are the benefits of IRIS Absence Call?
Reduce unauthorised absence, truancy, and improve punctuality
Strengthen home to school partnerships with a system that suits busy and hard-to-reach parents
Support learning by noting and actioning early interventions for persistently absent pupils
Reduce time-consuming admin and empower staff with dynamic reporting and data
Save money with a cost-efficient platform designed with busy schools in mind
Get your free demo
Want to enable better interventions with IRIS Absence Call?