IRIS Spring 2019 Release continues MTD and compliance momentum
4 April 2019
IRIS Software Group, the UK’s leading mission-critical software and services provider, is today announcing its Spring 2019 update, focused on driving further efficiency and productivity for accountancy professionals.
The IRIS Accountancy Suite spring release sees the continuation of Making Tax Digital (MTD) functionality alongside data protection enhancements to ensure accountants remain compliant. The business has also updated IRIS Time and Fees, IRIS OpenSpace and the Accountant Go portal for greater integration.
Nick Gregory, Chief Marketing Officer for IRIS Software Group says, “The Spring release demonstrates we are able to support all types of accountancy practice, whether focused on traditional assurance and core compliance or delivering advisory-based services. The improved functionality and integration are designed to improve workflows and ensure everyone can capitalise on the digital economy.”
New features include:
Making Tax Digital
• The IRIS Time & Fees export feature is now compatible with bookkeeping platforms such as KashFlow, Xero and Sage, resulting in a simpler and smoother VAT return process.
• Data can be directly imported to IRIS VAT Filer from digital record keeping products, including Excel, KashFlow and Xero to centrally manage all filings.
• Payment and liability information can be imported across any selected time period. This provides a clear view of all payments and liabilities according to the digital tax account with HMRC.
• The ‘Edit Tax Return Dates’ screen in IRIS Personal Tax can be dynamically populated for registered clients, providing display dates for End of Year submissions under MTD.
Data protection compliance
• IRIS AutoMail engagement letters now reference GDPR with a free form section to add detail on uses of personal data if desired.
• Additional security and encryption logs for files that may contain personal data and restricted access to clients, based on which branch the staff members and client are associated with.
Time and Fees
• A new WIP Control Panel screen for IRIS Time & Fees provides a snapshot of work in progress, highlighting key client priorities to make billing decisions more efficient.
• A new Actual vs. Budget comparison screen in IRIS Fees enables practices to easily track fees against budgets across multiple clients, providing greater control when running reports.
Other enhanced functionality includes the ability for practices to access all client messaging in Accountant Go directly in IRIS Suite, via the OpenPortal. Short, secure messages can be attached to shared client files within IRIS OpenSpace, enabling accountancy professionals to provide further details and clarification on the contents. Practices can also automate notifications for selected staff when a client is brought over to OpenSpace from the IRIS suite, alongside enhancements to IRIS client browser search.
A full list of annual updates, including company secretarial and tax legislation is available on the IRIS website here.